Wednesday, July 13, 2011

PARIS

A short ride (2.5 hours) on the Eurostar train from London brought me into a different world. Paris is a city which many people, myself included, just love! It's exciting, as many cities are, but just seems to have something extra. I was here primarily to experience Bastille Day and the fireworks by the Eiffel Tower. More on that tomorrow. I couldn't waste the evening though so decided to stroll with my camera. A long walk from the hotel led me to the Arch de Triomphe. I love taking pictures of it from the middle of the street! :)


The Eiffel Tower wasn't too far away and I can't help shooting many pictures of it...even though many others have already done it. The following is my favorite view. The massiveness of that arch always amazes me!


Wandering the city with my camera is one of my favorite treats. There's soooo much color and excitement...and so many very broad streets!


It doesn't get dark until after 10 p.m., so I was out late wandering neighborhoods with narrow streets, where I was treated to the brightly lit Tower at almost every turn. Just lovely!




SIGH. I really like it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment