Tuesday, July 26, 2011

PARIS - Bastille Day

Being a holiday, the streets were quiet and a pleasure to stroll.


The Champs de Mars (huge park area on one side of the Eiffel Tower) was empty at 7 a.m., except for me and two Japanese tourists. Apparently they couldn't sleep either.


Even the markets were rather quiet...although stocked with plenty of fresh food. The coffee and croissant hit the spot.


After a full morning of strolling and photography, I headed back to the hotel for a rest and to watch the grand parade on television. Once I found out that the parade was almost 100% military, I lost interest in hiking over to see it. I also knew that the eveig would be rather long.

Finally...the time came and I wandered over to the now-crowded Champs de Mars, which was filled with music, wormed my way into as close to the middle as I could and watched the evening unfold.











IT WAS SPECTACULAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment